We booked our trip last June 12, 2016 via Airasia (Independence day seat sale). After 8 months of waiting, it finally came. Our initial plan was to go to Bantayan island but we decided to focus on visiting South Cebu first.
Our flight was moved from 12:40 pm to 1:50 pm due to additional servicing of the aircraft. Technically, we didn't do anything on our day 1. We had our lunch/ merienda at SM Cebu city then went to Robe's pension house to rest. We had our dinner at Larsian. Our transportation for the whole trip in Cebu city was via Grab and taxi as we are not familiar with the jeepney routes. We tried the Mybus from airport to SM Cebu city. Fare is at 25 pesos per person.
We woke up at around 3:30 am the next day as we need to travel from Cebu city to Badian for our South Cebu activities. Travel time from south bus terminal (Bato via Barili) to Badian is around 3 hours. Fare as of February 2017 is 142 pesos (Ceres bus). Our room was not ready at the time we arrived, so we went to Kuya Raymund's house and rest before gearing up for canyoneering. Canyoneering activity lasts 4 hours depending on our pace. We took longer (hahaha). The activity has around 7 jumps and not all are required. There are slides as well. At the end of the course, you will see the majestic Kawasan falls. The water is like a swimming pool. Bamboo raft rental is 300 pesos. We had a natural waterfalls massage after the very tiring canyoneering activity.
The next day, we went to Oslob for the whaleshark watching which is around 30 minutes. After that, we went to Sumilon island for 1 hour and had our lunch before going to Inambakan waterfalls. We also went to Dalaguete to climb the Osmena peak but it was cloudy and it was raining at that time so we didn't push through with the activity. There was no clearing at that time and it was slippery.
Our last South Cebu activity was Pescador island hopping. We traveled from our accommodation (The Guest House) to Moalboal. We had our breakfast at Veranda Kitchen N Bar. Then we went to Pescador island where we did snorkeling. We went back to Panagsama beach to chase sea turtles and sardines run. Last activity was beach bumming at the white beach in Moalboal. We enjoyed the island hopping activity because we are with the best tour guide in South Cebu (Raymund Sande). He has a good sense of humor. We went back to our accommodation, packed up and went back to Cebu city.
We woke up early again for our short City tour. We went to Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral, Basilica del Santo Nino, Magellan's cross, Fort San Pedro and Taboan Market. We didn't enter Fort San Pedro actually because we have limited time and we need to go to the airport for our pick-up in Movenpick hotel. We went to Taboan market to shop for our pasalubong instead. Then we took a bath at our accommodation because our clothes smells like "danggit". We went to the airport for our pick-up then we checked-in at Movenpick hotel. It was very memorable as my friends surprised me for my birthday.
My 2 favorite activities were Pescador island hopping, specifically chasing the turtles and sardines run and canyoneering at Badian. It was my first time to swim with the turtles. It was so awesome and I really enjoyed it. Canyoneering was very tiring but worth it as you will see the majestic Kawasan falls at the end of the course. I highly recommend Raymund Sande for your South Cebu tours. Sharing you guys our itinerary below. Enjoy! :)
Day 1: Flight from MNL to CEB
- Mybus going to SM City Cebu from airport (25 pesos)
- Lunch / merienda at SM City Cebu (food court)
- Check in at Robe's pension house (1,150 pesos for 4 pax - AC room with CR)
- Dinner at Larsian
Day 2: Canyoneering (Raymund Sande Cebu Adventures)
- South bus terminal (Ceres bus - Bato via Barili) to Badian ( 142 pesos per pax)
- Canyoneering plus Kawasan falls and bamboo rafting (Raymund Sande: Noah's package: 6,200 pesos per pax total package without breakfast)
- Check-in at The Guest House (TGH)
The struggle is real.
On our way to Kawasan falls.
TGH - The Guest House: Where they treat their guests as friends.
Canyoneering gear essentials:
- Life vest (provided by your guide)
- Helmet (provided by your guide)
- Trekking shoes / Aqua shoes (you can rent just ask your guide. Trekking shoes is recommended)
- Rashguard (the water is kinda cold)
- Gopro or any waterproof action camera
- Extra batteries for your camera (your battery won't last trust me)
- Extra memory card for your camera
- Water (for drinking of course.)
- Money (there is a bbq stop in the middle of the course. You need to it, trust me again.)
Day 3: Oslob whaleshark watching and Sumilon island
- Whaleshark watching
- Sumilon island sandbar
- Inambakan waterfalls
- Mainit hotspring
Sumilon island sandbar
Day 4: Pescador island hopping
- Brunch at Veranda Kitchen N Bar at Moalboal
- Pescador island snorkeling
- Chasing turtles at Panagsama beach
- Sardines run
- The white beach
- Travel back to Cebu city
- Check - in at Robe's pension house
Chasing turtles at Panagsama beach.
Day 5: City tour (DIY)
- Basilica del Santo Nino
- Magellan's cross
- Fort San Pedro
- Taboan market
- Check - out at Robe's pension house
- Check - in at Movenpick hotel
Day 6: Flight back to reality (CEB to MNL)
- Robe's pension house (Cebu city): http://www.robespensionhouse.com/
- The Guest House (TGH) - Badian
- Movenpick Hotel (Mactan, Cebu): http://www.movenpick.com/en/asia/philippines/cebu/hotel-mactan-island-cebu/overview/
South Cebu tour:
- Raymund Sande Cebu Adventures: https://www.facebook.com/raymundsandeadventures/
For more travel photos and hugot island adventure:
- Follow me on Instagram: instagram.com/instathine
- Send an email to [email protected]
Other Stories by Christine Grace Roasa
ISLANDS AND BEACHES
Tell Us What You Think