8 Things To-Do On A Road Trip to Buda (Bukidnon-Davao) Highway
Ida Damo | Jul 16, 2018
At close to 4,000 feet above sea level, the boundary of Davao City and Bukidnon Province or BuDa, is a favorite getaway of the Davaoeños because of its fresh and cool mountain air. The people do not mind traveling 62.1 kilometers from Davao City proper and would take an hour-long road trip.
Whether you go on a four-wheeled vehicle or a motorcycle, the winding paved roads over hills and mountains of green is most welcome for the city dweller.
What are the things you can do on a road trip to BuDa?
1. Harvest or buy vegetables and strawberries (if available) at BemWa Farm.
2. Eat suman and drink tsokolate at Seagull.
3. Have a feast at Wildberry.
4. Stop at the Philippine Eagle landmark and take photos.
5. Buy pasalubong at Jolkens.
7. Buy vegetables, camote, flowers, plants at stalls along the highway.
8. Catch the sunrise and the sea of clouds at Sonnen Berg.
How to get there:
Major airlines fly daily to Davao City from Manila and Cebu. Travel time is an hour and 50 minutes from Manila and 50 minutes from Cebu.
From Davao City proper, take the bus going to Cagayan de Oro and just stop at BuDa.
If you are going by your own private vehicle, just take the Calinan Road and on to Marilog District.