One of the grandest and most colorful festival in the Philippines is almost upon us. Start your year right by celebrating the much awaited Sinulog Festival in the Queen City of the South.
The “Santo Niño” is the Spanish title for the Child Jesus. One of the well-known Filipino representations is the Santo Niño de Cebu.
Cebu’s grandest celebration in honor of the Santo Niño is the annual Sinulog Festival.
The 2018 festivity is set on January 12-22. A series of activities has been prepared by the different committees of the Sinulog Foundation Inc., Expect that there will be nightly live concerts, cultural shows, Sinulog trade fair, fluvial and solemn processions, cultural and religious parades. Take note also of the following dates:
· January 13, 2018 (Saturday) – Sinulog sa Lalawigan
· January 14, 2018 (Sunday) – Sinulog sa Barangay
· January 21, 2018 (Sunday) – Sinulog Grand Parade
For more information, contact the Sinulog Foundation Office at (032) 253-3700, 254-5010 or 254-5318 to 19.
Aside from Cebu’s Sinulog Festival honoring the Santo Niño in January, you can also join the celebration in other cities or provinces:
· Ati-Atihan Festival of Kalibo, Aklan – third Sunday
· Halad Festival of Midsayap, Cotabato – third Sunday
· Dinagyang Festival of Iloilo City, Iloilo – fourth Sunday
· Ibajay Ati-Ati and Devotional Fiesta of Ibajay, Aklan – fourth Sunday
How to Get There
From Manila, you can fly to Cebu (estimated cost of Php3,000++, round trip, 45 minutes).