The island has a 1.5-kilometer stretch of fine white sand beach with turquoise waters. It’s the perfect getaway island for those who want to escape the city. It’s a place where you can commune with the sea, and feel like one of the mermaids in “Dyesebel” resting in an island for a day.
It’s a great destination for activities such as:
- bonding with friends and families;
- swimming all day and night at the beach lagoon;
- playing Frisbee; and
- trekking where you can encounter wild animals that inhabit the island.
If you plan to spend the night, it’s best that you bring the following:
- sleeping bags and camping tents – since there are no houses
- lamps or flashlights – because there’s no electricity
- blankets, malong or sarong, and mosquito repellent – so that you can sleep at ease at night
- sun block – to protect your skin from sunburns
- shades/sunglasses – to protect your eyes from the sun
- slippers – for you to get comfortable while walking at the beach
- swimwear – to enjoy swimming all day and night
- hygiene kit – for your personal necessities and rituals
- snacks – the very important of all since there are no stores nearby
Seco Island is a paradise that you must visit in the province of Antique any time of the year.
The island can be reached by boat from the shores of Tibiao, Antique for around 2.5 hours.
For more information about Seco Island and to help you on your adventure activities for a camping itinerary, check out www.katahum.com.
Read our underwater adventures in Seco Island:
- Part 1: Reef Fish
- Part 2: Corals & Coral Reefs
How to Go to Antique
Antique is accessible from major cities of the country through Iloilo City, from where buses leave for San Jose, the province’s capital town. Travel time is approximately 2 hours.
From Manila, you can fly to Iloilo (estimated cost of Php3,000++, round trip, one hour). From Iloilo Airport, you can hail a cab and ask to be dropped off at your destination.