Dos & Don'ts When Exploring Zamboanga City's Emerging Sta. Cruz Island
Dina Soterio | Jan 02, 2018
Pink granules on white sand, cool breeze blowing from the sea, natural tan from the summer heat, there is nothing equal to the amazing feeling one gets upon visiting Sta. Cruz Island in Zamboanga City. About 3 kilometers from the coastline of the city lies a haven for those who seek relaxation and a pause from a hard day’s work.
Sta. Cruz Island is one of the most visited tourist destinations in Zamboanga City. Besides the fact that it is very easy to get there for it only takes about 10 minutes by ferry, one will truly enjoy quality time with family and friends at a low cost. For a minimum of Php 500 per head, inclusive of the fare to and from the island, you can already have a great time to de-stress away from the city noise and busy streets.
To those who want to experience the magnificence of the island, here are a few guidelines you should take note:
1. You should be in Paseo del Mar as early as 6 AM as the ferrymen start taking passengers at about 7 AM. If you’re going out with a group, advise someone who gets there first to get a form as your team will be assigned a number indicating your turn to get on the ferry. Sometimes, if it’s peak season, you need to make a reservation at least 3 days ahead as it might be difficult for you to get there if you wouldn’t.
2. Once your team is complete, you will be oriented on the do’s and don’ts on the island. To mention a few:
- move around the ferry while traveling towards the island;
- take anything (fish, corals, rocks, sand) from the island;
- leave any trash; instead bring your trash back to the city.
- take a dive into the cool waters;
- capture great photos;
- enjoy with family and friends.
3. As the saying goes, time flies when you're having fun, and that's true when you're in the island so make the most out of your visit!
What are you waiting for? Take your family and friends to an island tour, share remarkable experiences and make memories that’ll last a lifetime. Read more techyteachdina blog.
Have you been to Sta. Cruz island? Use #ChoosePhilippines on all your social media posts to share your travel experience with us