Looking for a fun retreat this coming summer season? Burias Island, located in Masbate’s San Pascual, might just be what you’ve been waiting for! Composed of three distinct and beautiful islets—Sombrero, Tinalisayan, and Animasola, the island is an otherworldly destination that may at first seem lacking in comfort, but quickly makes up for it splendor and excitement.
- Arrive at Naga early in the morning and start your island hopping adventure by early afternoon.
- Provided you’ve eaten your lunch and have talked to the tourism authorities to secure the necessary permits, you can start your trip at around 1 PM, first exploring the smaller islets Sombrero and Tinalisayan.
- Sombrero is notable for its cerulean waters while Tinalisayan is known for being an ideal place for picnicking, especially during low tides.
- Oftentimes, visitors to this destination set aside an entire day for exploring Animasola, primarily because of the distance required to travel to it.
- However, visitors are rewarded with an otherworldly and ethereal view of the ocean.
- A word of warning, though: reaching the island will not be easy, but the reward will be well worth it.
- After several days of traveling and adventuring, it’s finally time for you to unwillingly come back to reality.
- Should you choose to leave by 2 PM, you’re likely to arrive back in Manila anywhere between 11 PM to past midnight. See the full itinerary here.
Budget for Two Nights, Two Days: Php 3,210
Manila to Naga (Price varies depending with the bus company)
Php 650 x 2
Naga to Pasacao: Php 70 x 2
Pasacao to San Pascual: Php 130 x 2
Meals: Php 100/meal x 6 (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
Island Hopping (Ex: divided by 6 pax): Php 3000
Lodging: Php 200/person/night
Emergency Funds: Php 300
TOTAL: Php 3,210
How To Get Here:
Your first option is to take the plane from Manila to Naga, which takes an hour depending on the flight. Your next step is to take a van or jeep from the airport to Pasacao Port (45 minutes to an hour), and then take a boat from the port to San Pascual (2-3 hours, depending on weather conditions). Here, you can already inquire regarding the island tours.
A second option would be to take a bus from Manila to Naga, which would take roughly 8-9 hours, depending on the traffic. Afterwards, you can take a jeep or van from the terminal to Pasacao Port, and a boat to San Pascual.
What would your itinerary look like if you went to Burias Island? Write about it on www.ChoosePhilippines.com, or post it with the hashtag #ChoosePhilippines!