Manila's Mecca of Fashion Crafts: Villalobos Street
Kimo Cea | Oct 08, 2014
Craft your way to this humble street in Santa Cruz, Manila where local crafters fancy for interesting do-it-yourself jewelry supplies, beading and crafting finds!
Just across the famous Black Nazarene Church in Quiapo, Villalobos Street is a place famous for its line of trendy fashion supply stores and gift shops. From one store to the other, the discovery of affordable beads, charms, chains and gift items is truly overwhelming.
Plaza Miranda Bell Tower Arch: The Entrance to Villalobos Street
As a frequent buyer in Villalobos, here are four of the interesting stores which I love to share to everyone. Enjoy!
1) DIY Beads
DIY Beads offers a selection of beads. You can find a variety of precious stones, corals, pearls in strands. Also, a great selection of colorful plastic and glass beads.
- Products: Wooden Beads, Murano, Indian Beads, Glass Beads, Pearls, Sequins, Charms, Crystals, Corals and Semi-precious stones
- Telephone Number: 522-02-58, 0917-3222088 (Globe), 0999-8805183 (Smart)
- Website: www.diybeads.com
2) Al-Janifah H. (M.P.C.)
Expect lavishly detailed accessories in this shop. When you love elegant jewelries, Al-Janifah H. (M.P.C.) definitely has something for you.
Much to DIYs, this store offers ready made/ ready-to-wear costume jewelries and accessory supplements like pouches, jewelry boxes, jewelry displays and jewelry holders.
- Products: Swarvoski, Japan Pearls, Fresh Water Baroque, Stone Beads, Accessory Pouches, Accessory Holders and Costume Jewelries.
- Telephone Number: 7345502
3) Chain Beads and Components
You will love this store for its charms and cute trinkets. Chains Beads and Components is offering a collection of colorful charm enamels to antique brass pendants...
Statement pieces and suedes…
Rolls of silver, brass and gold plated chains… and a lot more!
With their friendly staff, Ms Miles :)
- Products: Beads, Charms, Charm Enamel, Chains and Pendants
- Contact Numbers: 734-4232/853-1499, 09497799388, 09158419533
- Website: www.chainbeadscomponents.com
4) WellManson Beads and Accessories
I assume WellManson is already everyone's favorite. If you love random shopping, I am sure that you will love Wellmanson Beads and Accessories. This store offers just about anything. Literally.
- Products: Beads, Accessories, Charms and Gift Items
- Contact Number: 733-62-70, 734-4475, 09054002471 (Globe)
- Facebook: Wellmanson Beads & Accessories
Surprisingly, I discovered a store in 88 Shopping Center offering these interesting quartz pendants which I am drooling to buy since I first saw it on the Internet. I found the same item once in a store for P900.00, then another store offering it for P400.00, and then this store… for only P150.00.
So, if you're feeling artsy this weekend, try visiting Villalobos Street in Manila and I am sure you will love this place!
How to get there (commute):
From Pasay: - Ride LRT 2 EDSA Station going to LRT 2 Carriedo Station - From LRT 2 Carriedo Station head towards Quiapo Church through Hidalgo Street - From Hidalgo Street turn right to Villalobos Street
From Quezon City - Ride LRT 2 Cubao Station going to LRT 2 Recto Station - From LRT 2 Recto Station cross to LRT 1 Doroteo Jose - From LRT 1 Doroteo Jose to LRT 1 Carriedo Station (1 station away) * You can also ride a jeepney towards Carriedo Station - From LRT 2 Carriedo Station head towards Quiapo Church through Hidalgo Street - From Hidalgo Street turn right to Villalobos Street
Here's a map of Quiapo Church and Villalobos Street. Enjoy!