(Story from Michael McGuire, AXS Contributor.)
Fashion model Maureen Montagne was chosen to represent the state of Arizona at the 2015 Miss USA Pageant — and she's a Filipina.
(Watch the clip above wherein Maureen is being crowned.)
By winning the Miss Arizona USA Pageant, Montagne became eligible for several prizes and scholarships. Scholarship opportunities include those in Grand Canyon University and Lindenwood University.
Fast facts about this fabulous Filipina:
- If Maureen wins Miss America, she will be competing against Ms. Philippines Pia Wurtzbach at the 2015 Miss Universe Pageant.
- In 2013, she joined Mutya ng Pilipinas and won 1st runner-up.
- She carried the title Miss South Chandler USA in the Arizona state pageant.
- She took up interdisciplinary studies at the Arizona State University.
- Maureen is also the reigning Third Princess in the Miss Asia Arizona pageant.
Read the full article here.