Adventures and Sports
Ervin Malicdem | Feb 03, 2014
Contributed by Travel Insider Ervin M. of Schadow1 Expeditions
Sagada is nothing short of a paradise. A surreal town in which the climate is so unlike the usual tropical scene of the country. The dawn greets you with the scent of pine as you wait for the sunrise. A day filled with adventure from the rushing rivers, cool mountains, and slippery caves. The artistry and the culture of Filipino forefathers, and a sun worth longing for as it sets. As the night arrives, you long to rejuvenate your energy with exquisite dishes.
Every corner of this town is worth a trek. Backpacking the Philippines would not be complete if you haven't reached Sagada.
Here are some of our articles on backpacking Sagada:
- Discovering the Cordilleras - a mapping expedition
- Kiltepan Peak of the Sagada - an awesome way to greet the sunrise
- Sagada's Lake Danum Sunset
- Sagada Pottery - emotions and artistry from the hand to the clay
- Hanging Coffins and the Irony of the Echo Valley - when death meets life in Sagada
- Food Tripping Sagada
- Adventure and Cultural Exploration - a Spelunking Experience with Sumaguing and Lumiang Caves
- Sagada Travel Guide by Schadow1 Expeditions
Learn more about the Cordilleras and Sagada HERE
Schadow1 Expeditions is a travel and mapping advocacy blog of the Philippines. Its contribution to improving the map of the Philippines has been cited by the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs as the source of the Philippine GPS Map, which in turn assisted the mobilization of the international rescue and relief efforts during the Yolanda crisis.