Adventures and Sports
8 Must-do Activities in the Banana Capital of the Philippines: Davao del Norte
Ida Damo | Jul 15, 2016
Davao del Norte’s rich natural resources are spread out over 3,463 square kilometers. It is known as the "Banana Capital of the Philippines" as it produced 762,040.78 metric tons of bananas in 2014 and exported it to Japan, Korea, Singapore, China and Iran.
The province has 3 cities: the capital, Tagum City, Panabo, and Island Garden City of Samal. Its municipalities are: Carmen, New Corella, Asuncion, Braulio E. Dujali, Sto. Tomas, San Isidro, Kapalong, and Talaingod.
Here are the things that you can do in DavNor:
1. Swim, snorkel and dive in the water of Samal and Talicud; laze in its beaches; visit a bat cave sanctuary; do the giant slide into the sea and more.
2. Go spelunking in the caves of Kapalong specially Okbot
3. Visit the waterfalls of Panas in New Corella and Hagimit in Samal
4. Savor fresh and bottled fish at the Mariculture Park in Panabo
5. See the biggest rosary in the world and pray at the biggest cathedral this side of the country in Tagum City
READ: 10 Amazing Reasons to Choose Tagum; The City of Palms (Ugmad Festival + Energy Park + Biggest Cathedral)
6. Go river cruising in Madgao River or Madaum River
7. Sample the delicious cacao and chocolate products of San Isidro
8. Immerse in the culture of the Ata-Manobo in Talaingod.
Next time you’re in Mindanao, why not try exploring Davao del Norte.
How to Get There:
The capital city of Davao del Norte, Tagum, is an hour’s road trip from Davao City.
Major airlines fly daily to Davao City from Manila and Cebu. Manila travel time to Davao is an hour and 50 minutes and Cebu is just 50 minutes.
Read Related Stories: