The Festival of Festivals: The Best Street Dancing in Buglasan 2015
Belle Piccio | Oct 30, 2015
Buglasan Festival is annually celebrated in Dumaguete City every month of October. Also known as the “festival of festivals” of Negros Oriental, the cities and municipalities of the province warmly participates in this one big celebration every year.
“Buglasan” is derived from buglas, the tall, napier-like reeds which once covered the entire island of Negros.
One of the main highlights of the Buglasan Festival is its street dancing parade and competition. Here's the list of the 9 LGUs who showcased their town fiestas participated in the revelry (in no particular order):
- Anihan Festival of Manjuyod
- Ayuquitan Festival of San Jose
- Hambabalud Festival of Jimalalud
- Hudyaka Festival of Bais City
- Langub Festival of Mabinay
- Sandurot Festival of Dumaguete City
- Sinulog sa Tanjay
- Tawo-tawo Festival of Bayawan City
- Yag-yag Festival of Sibulan
Congratulations to the 2015 Buglasan Festival Street Dance Competition Winners!
Buglasan Festival Results:
- Third Place – Tawo-tawo Festival of Bayawan City
- Second Place – Sandurot Festival of Dumaguete City
- Champion – Yagyag Festival of Sibulan
How to Get There
From Manila, you can fly to Dumaguete (estimated cost of Php4,000++, round trip, one hour and 15 minutes).
The modes of transportation in and around the city are motorized tricycles and motorcycles.