History and Culture
9 Images of Prayer and Solitude on Instagram (Part 1)
Meyn Stay | Apr 02, 2015
Holy Week is here and as part of the usual pilgrimage is the "Visita Iglesia". And here at ChoosePhilippines, we give you Visita Iglesia in a digital way. We scoured instagram and found Travel Insiders that have tagged us upon their visit in churches in the whole of Philippines.
1. Basilica of St. Martin of Tours - We just love interiors. And this interior is just awesome.
2. Molo Cathedral - This photo makes it into the list because of the way the nature has captured the ruin-istic design.
3. Sta Monica Church - We agree with Jernel, the raw appeal of the interior just makes this awesome.
4. Nuestra senora de la porteria parish - this photo wins the best light and shadow contrast award.
5. St Martin de Tours - The archictecture and statue reminds us a bit of the Trevi Fountain in Greece.
6. Lazi Church - This church reminds of an ol' barn yard.
7. Paoay Church - We just love the greens leading to the rustic church.
8. Carmelite Monastery - the pointed-oval architecture and symbol stained windows makes this a stand out in usual church designs.
9. San Diego Church - this whole shot captures the church just right, even focusing on the dome-roof structure.
Hope you enjoyed this! Do share it to your friends!
Thanks to the following: