Simply Sumptuous: Black Sambo Recipe
Belle Piccio | Feb 24, 2014
Black Sambo is a dessert that everyone likes! It's affordable and easy to prepare during special occasions.
Black Sambo is usually a two-layered gelatin made of creamy milk and chocolate. You can use different molds and any shape that you like.
How to make this irresistible dessert:
First layer (milky white portion)
- 1 can of Nestle Cream (big)
- 1 can of condensed milk (big)
- 2 packs of Knox unflavored gelatin melt in 1/2 cup of cold water
- Melt 2 packs of Knox in 1/2 cup cold water.
- Mix Nestle cream and condensed milk in a pan under low fire.
- Add the melted Knox to the Nestle cream and condensed milk mixture and continue stirring for about 10 minutes under low fire.
- Place half of the mixture in 13×9 pan (if you want to make 4 layers) and let cool. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before adding next layer. Or freeze for 15 minutes for fast results.
Second layer (chocolate portion)
- 1 can evaporated milk (big)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup Hershey’s or Ricoa unsweetened chocolate, melt in 1 cup hot water
- 2 packs of Knox unflavored Gelatin, melt in 1/2 cup cold water
- Melt 2 packs of Knox in 1/2 cup cold water
- Mix evaporated milk, sugar, and melted chocolate in a pan under low fire.
- Add the melted Knox to the milk, sugar and chocolate mixture and continue stirring for 10 minutes under low fire.
- Set aside mixture and let cool.
Place mixture on top of the first layer and refrigerate. You can make 2 or 4 layers. You can replace it with other brands that you like too.
You can drizzle your favorite chocolate syrup on top when serving. Enjoy your dessert!