Chili Garlic Crab: A Boracay Recipe
Belle Piccio | May 08, 2014
Your Boracay vacation won’t be complete if you haven’t tried eating at Dampa.
Dampa is a place in Boracay where you buy your seafood at a nearby wet market and have a restaurant cook it for you.
One of my favorites is the “Chili Garlic Crab” or others call it plainly as “Chili Crab”. Here’s a recipe from panlasangpinoy.com on how to cook your own Chili Crab. The recipe is good for 4 pax.
- 2 lbs crab, cut in half
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp crushed red pepper or 3 pieces sliced red chili
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato catsup or tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp green onions or scallions, thinly sliced crosswise
- Heat a cooking pot and pour the cooking oil
- Saute the garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper
- Add the crab and cook for 3 to 4 minutes
- Put-in the hoisin sauce, tomato ketchup, sweet chili sauce, fish sauce,and sesame oil then mix with the other ingredients
- Pour-in the water and bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce is thick
- Garnish with green onions on top
- Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!