Tinapa (Smoked Fish) Pasta: An Easy-to-Prepare Recipe
Louise Mabulo | Sep 22, 2014
A dish that will leave your kids, relatives, friends, or special someone craving for more!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 5 pcs. tinapa, fried, deboned, and flaked
- 1 bulb garlic, peeled, and minced
- 1 onion, minced
- a handful of any pasta of your choice, boil until just before al dente
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1/3 cup cream/milk
- ¼ cup parmesian
- 1 bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
1) In a deep pan, heat olive oil, over medium heat and sauté tinapa, onion and garlic.
2) Pour in fish sauce and add cream or milk. If using cream, dilute with at least ¼ cup of water and allow to simmer.
3) Sprinkle in 2 tbsp. of parmesan.
4) Throw in your pasta and season to taste. Toss pasta in sauce and cook until al dente.
5) On the last minute, toss the parsley into the pasta. Serve with parmesan, more parsley, and pepper.
Read the Choose Philippines feature on the Teenage Chef Louise Mabulo to learn more about the inspiring story of this beautiful young woman who excels not only in her culinary journey, but also in sports, academics, and a lot more. Truly a role model for the youth!