Baon Recipe: Cheesy Potato Balls for the Kids & Kids at Heart
Belle Piccio | Jun 23, 2015
Make your day extra special by making and serving this delicious potato balls. This is a perfect recess time snack for your kids.
- ½ kilo potatoes
- 6 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp all-purpose cream
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- 1 egg yolk
- cubes of cheddar (or Quickmelt)
- 1 cup Japanese breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- Skin the potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Add salt in boiling water and put in the potatoes. Wait until the potatoes become very soft before draining.
- Mash the potatoes while it’s still hot. Add the butter, all-purpose cream, then salt and pepper to taste. Lastly, add the minced green onions. Mix well. Let it cool before adding the egg yolk and mix again. Chill the mixture until firm.
- In making the potato balls, get a spoonful of the mixture and use your hands to form into a ball. (Optional: to make it extra special, before forming the mashed potato into a ball, add cheese at the center of the mixture. This will give an extra cheesy flavor to your potato balls.) Repeat the procedure.
- On a plate, roll the potato balls in breadcrumbs. Place the coated potato balls in the freezer until its coating becomes firm.
- Deep fry until golden brown. Serve hot with your favorite gravy.
Other Stories by Belle Piccio
Tell Us What You Think