Perfect Baon Recipe: Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
Eduardo Joven | Jun 25, 2015
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350Â°F. Grease 9-inch square baking pan.
- Stir together butter, sugar and vanilla in bowl.
- Add eggs; beat well with spoon.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture, beating until well blended.
- Stir in nuts, if desired. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Prepare the brownie frosting (instructions below); spread over brownies.
- Cut into squares. About 16 brownies.
?How to Prepare the Frosting
- Beat butter, cocoa, corn syrup and vanilla in small bowl until blended.
- Add powdered sugar and milk; beat to spreading consistency.
- About 1 cup frosting.
Other Stories by Eduardo Joven
Tell Us What You Think