Rainy Day Recipe: Filipino Crab and Corn Soup
Eduardo Joven | Jul 13, 2015
Want a snap for cold season? Trying out the Creamy Crab and Corn soup will definitely give a warmth blast to your taste buds. Its delectable blend of seafood and corn will make out tasty chowder.
The Filipino Crab and Corn Soup is a fantastic appetizer for everyone. It is perfect to pair with a nice sandwich during snacks. Besides, its delicate taste will perfectly compliment your meals any time of the day— lunch or dinner.
Fried food is also perfect partner for this Creamy Crab and Corn soup.
- 1 cup freshly cracked crabmeat
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups whole corn kernel
- 4 tablespoons All purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce sauce
- 1/8 cup ground parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add flour and stir until blended.
- Add milk gradually, stirring constantly.
- Lower the heat to medium low then add the corn and cook until tender.
- Add the crabmeat, green onions, parsley, pepper, seasoning salt, and fish sauce and simmer.
- Cook over low heat until heated through (do not boil).
- Adjust seasonings to suit your taste.
- Serve hot with bread.