Favorite Pinoy Recipe: Garlic Butter Shrimp
Belle Piccio | Aug 10, 2015
In the Philippines, shrimps come in different sizes and colors depending on region, season and method of fishing. Shrimps are available all year round.
So if you want something special to serve your family tonight, try this easy-to-follow recipe.
- 1 kilo large shrimps, washed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 8 oz lemon soda (Sprite)
- salt and pepper to taste
- chili flakes (optional)
- Clean the shrimp before marinating it with lemon soda in a pot.
- In a separate pan, melt the butter and cook garlic until it turns light to golden brown.
- Put in the shrimp with the lemon soda. The shrimp will turn orange and the liquid will evaporate.
- Add salt and pepper according to your taste.
- You can also garnish it with fried garlic.
- Serve hot!
The garlic butter shrimp is best eaten with rice and partner it with your favorite ice-cold softdrinks!