Recipe: Yummy Pinoy Chicken Curry
Belle Piccio | Aug 07, 2015
Try the Visayan version of Chicken Curry. You’ll surely love this easy-to-follow recipe.
- 1 whole chicken, cut into serving portions
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 2 big potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 1 red hot chilli peppers or bell pepper, sliced
- 3 big tomatoes, sliced
- 2 chicken broth cubes
- cooking oil
- In a pot, rub chicken pieces with curry powder and allow to sit refrigerated for at least 20 minutes up to an hour.
- Heat oil and sauté garlic, onions and tomatoes.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until browned on all sides.
- Mix broth cubes with enough warm water to dissolve them and add to the chicken.
- Add the red chili peppers.
- Pour coconut milk and simmer until chicken is tender.
- Add potatoes and continue cooking. Reduce heat to simmer until all ingredients are cooked and the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
You can also add carrots and your favorite spices for extra flavor.
Chicken curry is best served with rice. Partner it with your favorite drink. Enjoy your meal!