Summer Pinoy Snack: Go Bananas Over Sweet Delectable Delights
Belle Piccio | Apr 08, 2016
Bananas are very abundant in the Philippines and are available all year round. It is also one of the most commonly grown fruit crops in the country.
There are many varieties of bananas in the Philippines such as cavendish, lacatan, latundan and saba to name a few. Aside from being eaten raw when ripe, bananas (depending on the variety) are also cooked into different kinds of dish.
Banana cue is the most common afternoon snacks in the Philippines which you can buy from street vendors or even cook at home. But for sure you don't want to eat the same thing over and over again, this is why friends from MagTV shared to us an easy way to make yummy treats that everyone will surely love.
Cheese-Filled Banana Delight
- banana (saba)
- honey syrup
- condensed milk
- cheese, sliced into strips
- egg yolk
- Peel the banana.
- Slice the banana at the center but careful not to cut it into half.
- Insert the cheese and pour a little condensed milk.
- Drench the prepared banana in the yolk.
- Deep fry until it turns golden brown.
- [Optional] Cut into half.
- Pour syrup and sprinkle a little bit of sugar before serving.
Now, that looks delicious. Let’s eat!
(Watch MagTV na Amiga every Sunday or www.iwantv.ph)