Islands and Beaches
Caramoan: A Hidden Paradise Beyond the Mountains
, Camarines Sur
Ervin Malicdem | Jan 20, 2014
Contributed by Travel Insider Ervin M. of Schadow1 Expeditions
Caramoan is a hidden paradise of islands just a few kilometers off the northern shores of Camarines Sur's mountainous peninsula, dotting the waters of the Pacific.
Each island has its unique characteristic and charm. From a wide golden sand bar that transforms into a shallow beach and floating cottages, to lagoon escapes, rolling hills, and expansive grasslands.
No doubt, beach bummers and trekkers as well need to experience Caramoan -- and each traveler will have his or her own story to tell.
Here are some of our articles on Caramoan:
- Discovering Caramoan Peninsula - a mapping expedition
- The Scenic Guinahuan Island and Liwan Beach of the Caramoan
- The Cotivas Island - the perfect beach spot of the Caramoan
- Manlawi Sandbar - The floating cottages of the Caramoan
- Sabitang Laya - the best island beach getaway of the Caramoan
- Caramoan Travel guide by Schadow1 Expeditions
Learn more about Caramoan and the province of Camarines Sur HERE
Schadow1 Expeditions is a travel and mapping advocacy blog of the Philippines. Its contribution to improving the map of the Philippines has been cited by the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs as the source of the Philippine GPS Map, which in turn assisted the mobilization of the international rescue and relief efforts during the Yolanda crisis.