Islands and Beaches
10 Captivating Photos Of Camiguin: Your Travel Guide To The Island of Fire
Yua Dominguez | Jan 20, 2017
Brace yourselves! The island of fire may be tiny but it is full of spectacular scenic places for you to visit. Here’s a suggested 3-day itinerary when in Camiguin Island.
- From the airport or the ferry port, go straight to your accommodation and drop off your bags
- Hop on a habal-habal to go to Mantigue Island
- Renting a boat is mandatory.
- There is so much to do in Mantigue Island! You can stay here the whole day since the area is laidback. You may opt to rent snorkeling gear to check their house reef.
- Afterwhich, visit Katibawasan Waterfalls. Another breathe of fresh air and cool waters.
- White Island is just 15 minutes away from Camiguin Mainland.
- Try to visit as early as you can. A tiny island with powdery white sand and turquoise blue waters awaits.
- After enjoying the cool waters of Camiguin Island. Take a break at Ardent's hot springs.
- Probably the best place to pamper yourself after a long exhausting day.
- First stop, morning workout. Walkway to Old Volcano and Stations of the Cross is an easy going hike. Ready your portable speakers and rejuvenating energy. A majestic view awaits on its peak.
- After that extensive trek, dive the vibrant world of the Sunken Cemetery. It is a bit peculiar however it will astound you beyond words.
OTHER SITES TO SEE IN CAMIGUIN:
- You could actually explore a minimum of 5 sites in the island for the day! Just rent a jeep for and use your time wisely.
- Explore other waterfalls within the island. There are a lot!
- Spare a day and go climb Mt. Hibok-Hibok.
HOW TO GO HERE
Manila to Camiguin (by plane)
There are several airlines who have flights from Manila to Camiguin.
Cagayan de Oro to Camiguin (by plane then Roro)
- Flights from Manila to Cagayan de Oro are available
- Ferry from Cagayan de Oro to Benoni, Camiguin
Bohol to Camiguin (by plane then Roro)
- Flights from Manila to Bohol are available
- Ferry from Jagna, Bohol to Benoni, Camiguin
Cebu to Camiguin (by plane then Roro)
- Flights from Manila to Cebu are available
- Ferry from Cebu City to Camiguin