Islands and Beaches
Majestic Masasa: A 4-Hour Travel To Batangas' Pristine Beach
Jaysel Ramos | Apr 03, 2017
Other Side of the Beach
If you are looking for a great waterside experience near to Manila then Masasa beach is an ‘easy to reach’ weekend destination that is a great place to unwind from the rigors of city living.
The beach is located at Tingloy, Batangas which is only around a three to four hours of travel time from Manila, including the boat ride going to the island itself if you are coming from Cubao. Aside from the pristine beach there, it is also a strain on your budget and is one of the reasons that this place has already become a favourite with fellow backpackers.
- Hiking (Magasawang Bato)
What to expect?
- There are not enough shady trees to shelter visitors from the scorching heat of the sun. This is a public beach and could be a lot better kept.
- When you arrive at Anilao Port, you can buy the things that you might need to take with you too the island. You can have breakfast at the port and buy any takeout food for your lunch when you are on the island.
- Freshen up for free! There is a public washing area on the island (actually it is just a well!) However, if you are too shy to take a bath in an open area, you can opt for a private bathroom for 25pesos.
- Respect other campers especially late at night. Avoid shouting and talking too loud, not everyone wants to share in your life!
- Save the planet – be a responsible human and help the local community and our beautiful planet by disposing of all your rubbish and waste correctly. This will mean taking your rubbish away with you and NOT leaving it just dropped on the ground!
- You can keep expenses lower if you are in a bigger group (economy of scale).
- If you have more time you can hike (you must pay for a guide) the famous (and strenuous) Magasawang Bato, which is gigantic rock formation of that, once conquered, offers a bird’s eye view of the island. If you have any money left over, you can also go island hopping within the Maricaban Islands perhaps including a visit to Sombrero Island.
- Tingloy to Anilao Boat Schedule: 6:00AM, 7:00AM, 8:00AM and 9:00AM (last trip). If you missed the last trip, you can charter a boat going back to Anilao port for Php. 2500.
Have you been to Masasa Beach? Share it down in the comments below, or write about it here on www.ChoosePhilippines.com!
Read related stories: