Islands and Beaches
Cochinos Point: Bataan's Postcard-Perfect Spot From Up Above
Maui Sanvictores | Jun 13, 2017
Found across west of Mariveles Bay is an adventure destination that is soon taking the center stage of the Philippine spotlight: behold, the Mariveles Five Fingers. Aptly named as so, a bird's eye-view of the peninsula will reveal a shape forming that of a hand with five sprawling fingers, one of which is the Cochino's Point, also known as 'the thumb' of the cove.
Frolic under the sun on the rolling hills of the summit, as you find your best spot to take it all in— the gift of calm that the nature brings. Other than the satisfaction you'd get from its panoramic hills, Cochino's waters is also a must-explore with its cinematic cave entry ways housing various marine species.
How to go there:
- From Pasay, you could hop on a direct bus ride to Mariveles, then ask to be dropped off at BASECO building.
- From there, hail a tricycle that could take you to the town of Sisiman.
Where else can I go coming from Cochino's Point:
- Check out Mariveles' Five Fingers Cove, a truly impeccable spot in Bataan.
- Zip over to the northwest of Bataan, in the town of Morong, where several beach resorts are lined up.
- If you're looking for some sort of a cultural retreat, your best bet would be a visit to Las Casas Filipinas De Acuzar in the town of Bagac.
Read more about Bataan: