Islands and Beaches
Isla Gigantes’ Mini Sandbar Will Be Your Next Tambayan
Yua Dominguez | Aug 13, 2018
The mini sandbar positioned in the vicinity of the docking area of Isla Gigantes is the nearest and quickest R&R scene you can go to. If your accommodation is situated on the other side of the island, then just a hire a habal-habal to bring you here. Remember, your landmark is the wharf where the passenger boat from Bancal port came from.
Cabugao Gamay island of Gigantes Islands, Philippines is famous for its view deck overlooking the twin-beach. But only a few know about its hidden gem which is found where people won't notice unless they take time to look behind the view deck! :) ???? P H (c) Andrea Lyn Mazo Mariano #carleswhisper #itsmorefuniniloilo #islasdegigantes #cabugaogamay #inhinyeranglakwatsera
Like ours, our hostel Gigantes Hideaway Tourist Inn, is not a beachfront accommodation. Its inside the provincial town beside the local elementary school. Good thing there’s a sandbar near the wharf! Its’ coast was our cosy bed the whole afternoon.
How To Get Here
- There are regular flights from Manila to Roxas or Iloilo
- From either Roxas or Iloilo city, head straight to Bancal port at Carles or Estancia port
- Ride a passenger boat heading to Isla Gigantes
- From here, you may ride a habal-habal to bring you at the sandbar
- Islands included in the island hopping: Cabugao Island, Antonia Island, Tangke Lagoon, Bulubadiang Island, Bantigue Sandbar, Calubang Island
- In Isla Gigantes town proper, rent a habal-habal to see the historic Spanish house and lighthouse
- Explore Bakwitan Cave