Cassava Cake is made of freshly grated cassava, eggs, coconut milk, and sugar. It is baked in round tin molds or the regular rectangular cake pan.
Cassava Cake Mix:
- 2 lbs grated cassava
- 1 1/4 oz. condensed milk
- 1 1/2 oz. evaporated milk
- 1 1/4 oz. coconut milk
- 1 1/3 oz. coconut cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs and additional 3 egg whites
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup reserved coconut milk
- 1/3 cup reserved coconut cream
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix well.
- Pour equally into two large greased rectangular pans.
- Bake until top is no longer liquid (approximately 40 minutes to 1 hour).
- Mix topping ingredients well and spread evenly on the two cakes.
- Bake for an additional 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cool cakes completely.
- Slice each cake into 24 equal squares.