Boracay-Inspired Burgers Declared the Best in New York City
Choose Philippines | Sep 11, 2014
Watch the video above!
Fast facts about the so-called "chori burger":
1) It began in one of the world's best islands/beaches, Boracay in the province of Aklan.
2) In the Philippines, chori burgers are made from longganisa patties, specifically chorizo (a type of Spanish sausage), from which it takes its name.
3) The NYC version made by Filipino-owned gastro-pub Jeepney was inspired by Boracay's chori burgers.
4) The NYC version is made with a half-longganisa, half-beef patty, topped with banana ketchup & atsara, and paired with kamote fries.
5) Jeepney's chori burger beat the creations from the biggest burger joints in NYC.
To know more about our amazing archipelago, visit our website, like and follow our social media accounts:
And don't forget to use the hashtags #choosephilippines & #happychooseday -- show your love of country!